Canyoning en Petrohué Lodge
Description: This activity leads us to explore the Leon River Gorge located 10 minutes by boat from Petrohue Lodge. It is a challenge full of adrenaline, effort and endurance. It is undoubtedly an affair to remember.
Circuit: Your experience begins in the office of Petrohue Expeditions with the presentation of the guides, defied description and safety briefing for proper and safe development of adventure. We will embark equipped to navigate to the Leon River for about 10 minutes. Once on the river beach start climbing down the river, after crossing the river into several parts, having climbed trunks and rocks, we arrive at our first waterfall we climb 20 meters to penetrate in the canyon. Continuing the climb up the river reaches the railing industry, a rope that crosses halfway up a rock wall to reach a terrace above the river. From here we descolgaremos the river by a rope and swim for a great Posón up some logs, which the climb and reach the top we can contemplate the immensity of our Great waterfall about 80 meters high. The bravest may try anything to the waterfall to feel the force of nature.
After a moment of contemplation and photographs began the descent of the canyon to Lake All Saints by the same route of ascent. Following the river flow that arrive to rappel down the side of the first waterfall, once down swim in the pozón and if the flow permitting, we will enter the pocket of air produced under the waterfall. Finally we walk the last stretch of the river for zambullirmos in the quality waters of the lake. Tired but happy from the experience take the boat that will bring us back to Petrohue.
- Season: November to March
- Difficulty: Medium
- min amount. of participants: 2
- Max. of participants 8
- Average duration: 4 hours.
- Departure times: 9:00 am and 3:00 p.m..
- No previous experience is needed.
Limitations and / or restrictions:
- Health incompatible with the activity.
- The customer must present a good physical condition and must not have any physical disability that prevents you swim, hike, climb, slide or perform hard with both arms and legs.
- Minimum age 12 years to 18 years of age must provide a simple power by a parent or guardian.
Sports shoes or boots extras that can get wet, swimsuit, towel, sunscreen and a hat with a brim. We recommend: photo camera waterproof, thermal underwear, gloves, neoprene socks and warm clothes for after the activity.
Services and / or equipment included:
- Personal accident insurance
Services and / or equipment not included:
- Transfer to and from Petrohue.
- Personal equipment.
- Any other services or equipment not mentioned in the program.