Mists Place History
Petrohue means place of mists, the legend says that this uninhabited valley was common to see clouds of vapor product from hot lava of the Osorno Volcano flowing into the lake All Santos and Rio Petrohue.A mid-1800, with the German colonization some ventured into the hidden side of the Osorno volcano, reaching Petrohue and discovering the wonderful lake All Santos.Para late 1800s, Chile-Argentina company founded by Carlos Wiederhold, opened the route crossing the Andean lake cordillera from Puerto Varas to the newly founded city of San Carlos de Bariloche. This route, which crossed the Llanquihue, Todos los Santos, Frías and Nahuel Huapi lakes was used to bring the wool of sheep that occurred in Patagonia to Puerto Montt, then ship it to Europe through the Strait of Magallanes.En 1913, with the construction of the Panama Canal and then the first world war the company Chile-Argentina bankruptcy and buying a Swiss visionary pioneer Don Ricardo Roth, who transformed the transport company tourism company. The house management Petrohue is transformed into a guest house where tourists rested from a long journey from Peulla in the steam Tronador or trip to horses from Ensenada.Petrohue was always a strategic place in the travel and preferred place for visitors to relax and enjoy an untouched nature. Today Petrohue still has all the charm and lively history of the early pioneers traveling along these valles.Petrohue Lodge still it belongs to the family of Ricardo Roth with vision who started tourism in the region and had the great idea of forming in lake valley All Saints or Esmeralda as he called it, the first National Park in Chile.