Description: Only 5 min. Petrohue is the famous wave of Basalt which is visited by large numbers of climbers. This basalt rock formed by magma flow from the Osorno Volcano slipped and hit the ancient glacier that covered the area. Our rock climbing activity developed in this spectacular place that has 10 routes with different levels of difficulty from easy to very difficult, allowing you to practice those who are just starting in this sport.
Circuit: This experience starts at the Petrohue Expeditions office with the presentation of the guide and the description of the activity. We leave Petrohue to the La Maquina remaining 3km on Route 225 toward Basalt Wave. Here is the basaltic rock wall 12 meters high, which gives us 10 different routes and difficulty levels to practice sport climbing.
- Season: All year
- Difficulty: Moderate, medium or high depending on the route.
- min amount. of participants: 2
- Max. of participants: 6
- Average duration: 3 to 4 hours.
- Departure times: 9:00 am and 3:00 p.m..
- No previous experience is needed.
Limitations and / or restrictions:
- Health incompatible with the activity.
- The customer must present a good physical condition and have no physical impairments that prevent walking or strength with both arms and legs.
- Aged between 12 and 70 years (depending on fitness, health and agility). In case of minors, they should have a simple power of the parents.
Comfortable clothing according to the season, sports shoes, backpack or bag, snack and water. We recommend: preferably a sports shoe or hard-soled climbing shoes, a hat, sunglasses and sunscreen.
- Carabiners, express and descendedores tapes.
- Personal accident insurance.
Services and / or equipment not included:
- Transfer to and from Petrohue.
- Personal equipment.
- Any other services or equipment not mentioned in the program.